Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been a while

It has been a long while since I posted a blog of my own, but then my friend got me back into it with a community blog, so I figured, meh, why not, I will post another of my own. Let's see, alot has happened in two years. Right after my husband got orders to Korea, we found out, against all odds, that we were going to have a baby. She came out perfect. She is now 13 months old, and VERY active. I went back to work when we arrived in Montana, which is where wee went after my hubby got home from Korea. I have a very good job with a promising future in a pretty good corporation. I have been working there 2 1/2 months, and I got a promotion already. Gotta love it. Montana is COLD. Especially compared to SC or KY. The other day when I woke up it was 14 degrees F outside.....and they tell me it gets even COLDER!!! WHY???? It isn't like we moved to Siberia....Oh well, I will get accustomed to it....eventually.

I had a really bad week not too long ago. It was then that I realized that even being a couple thousand mile or so away from my REAL friends, my unbiological sisters, that I really realized, distance doesn't really decrease friendships, unless the distance is the excuse you are looking for to "loose touch with " or to "grow apart" from those friends. I may not see my real friends in SC or NC that much, but when we get together, we always seem to connect right back with each other. And especially now that phone calls are so cheap and email and video confrencing, you really only loose friendships if you want to, and if you are truely blessed with REAL friends, those unbiological brothers and sisters....it is a real shame to let them go.

No comments: