Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New Road in Life

Well, we get to experience a new road in life. My husband is getting out of the military. I am a little anxious, but we will manage as we always do. I am looking forward to the new adventure, but I don't really want to pack up my house. I have a lot of stuff. I am excited at the idea of being closer to family and friends though.

In the schoolwork that BabyGirl and I have been doing, I am glad to say she is progressing. She is steadily working her way through my check off sheet for the summer. And even if we don't get all the way through it, no big deal. I set some lofty goals there, and I am surprised to say that she is meeting them. I think I am going to try to push her a little harder. If she still finds it fun and excels, then I will keep going until I find that balance of challenging and fun for her.

Have fun and stay open to new adventures!

2 comments:

Southern Mama said...

Just don't push BG too hard, I mean, it's only preschool.

And I know it's scary to have things change, but I know you and Hubby can do it. :-)

Skyelin said...

My biggest goal is to keep it fun for her. Once the fun quantity and quality start to go down, I am going to stop.....I just don't think she is having as much fun as she would if it were a little more challenging....she seems to have more fun with a greater challenge. But I am keeping the FUN in focus. =)

And thank you for your words of support and encouragement. I need all I can get right now. =D