Friday, August 11, 2006

Vacations and Stress

Sorry I haven't blogged lately, but I was on vacation for a month, and then sick. Two days into my vacation, I get a phone call saying my roommate had a stroke. At 29 he had a stroke! And then he was doing ok, and they were trying to find a facility to release him to...a rehabilitative facility. The his stomach ruptured and he went septic, and then he got a blood clot in his leg, and now there is a mass by one of his kidneys. When it rains, it pours for him. And then to top it all off, as we were coming home from our vacation, my husband had to take me to the emergency room for a kidney infection. Lovely, isn't it? All this has just got me thinking about my own health problems and the fact that I am overweight and that was part of what caused my roommate's stroke, and I keep wondering if I am next? Plus I have the blood clotting disorder. I don't know. And then to top it all off, I don't know if I will be able to go back to school this semester or not, I still have to call the college.

No comments: